Friday, February 4, 2011

Plumbers & Friends visits



Yesterday was a challenging day. We had no water at my house because the pipes started leaking from various spots and then the actual water heater started leaking. I had to wait for the plumber to come by to take care of the problem. Thankfully, it was a friend of a friend and he was sweet and didn't charge an exorbitant amount. OF course once he finished I felt foolish because if I would have taken the time to research the problem and crawl underneath the confines of the home, I probably could have taken care of it myself. I just dislike doing the crawling under.
Toby took the visitors with quiet observation. Amox of course made a fuss, and had to do his tough man stances all over the place. I simply ignored him.
Then I had a couple of friends over and Amox ended up having to make a huge scene fighting with Toby from a distance, as they are both tethered. And the pain in the a$$ bit me. Didn't really break skin but did enough pressure to bruise my hand in a good way. He did this when I pulled him up on the prong which he didn't appreciate. Afterwards, he's been doing the commands without me having to repeat it as I ignored him the rest of the day. So now I'm bruised and having a hard time handling things but alright, if anything I'm more pissed off then anything.

One of the things I've been considering lately is going raw on the dogs food. I've been feeding Taste of the Wild (TOTW) but Amox still has soft stool on occasion and isn't completely healed from the allergies. Toby has his worms and well that in itself has been concerning, I'm treating him with de-wormer. I'm going to try adding some natural stuff to their diets like garlic and slippery elm as suggested by another dogo owner. I want both boys to be healthy weights - balanced. I'm hoping to pick up the dog pen this weekend. And when the weather gets warmer be able to fix up the yard - fence it in so the boys can be out there safely for longer periods of time. Leaving me in the house to vacuum without commotion. Or simply just giving them some play time without tethering. I worry when I've got an episode of vertigo coming on its hard for me to do the outside thing or give them actual time. Not that they are that frequent but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment