Tuesday, February 1, 2011

God is Good



Last night I watched as this beautiful creature who has suffered unknown pain and neglect by human hand, still managed to want affection and desired to please me. I feel completely undeserving of his attention and sweet moments of true love. I remember my theory of God's demonstration of love surrounds us, which better way demonstration of ever forgiving, ungrudging love then through the eyes of these creatures who provoke such heartfelt emotions within me.
I look into his beautiful earth colored eyes, and wonder what have they witnessed. What human eyes could have looked into this creature's, and still continue to do what they did. I have heard his barks of warning to any being that comes close to my home, threatening growls against unexpected suspicious movements yet he's only been with me for two evenings. He guards me, us, our home against evil of unknown kinds, defending our property, without regard to himself.
His deplorable conditions speak only of the lack of regard for himself, his neglect visible in lacking musculature and myriad health issues. I am gathering funding to put him back to a decent condition, to give him respect for the protection and undeserving love he gives me and my home.
I can only be grateful that in God mercy's such a creature exists, for we are blessed as they come into our lives, to share a reflection of God's love. Thank you Toby.

No comments:

Post a Comment