Monday, January 24, 2011

Amox goes to the birds


I was thinking about getting birds for a while, I really wanted a larger bird like a parrot, but on limited funding I figured might be best if I went with something cheap and simple. So I went 'trolling' on Craig's List and found some doozies! Anyway, I located a couple of cockatiels, thinking that's what my biological father had gotten me when I was a new baby in this world, but turned out I was wrong according to my mother, they were canaries - oops!
Anyway, Amox totally was going birdie over the birds, he enjoyed watching them, scaring them to death, getting pecked (well, he didn't enjoy that but I did!;). So anytime I had to clean their area, which was quite often, their cage got put on the floor so he would take advantage of this opportunity to 'play' with them, and do bows in front of them and get them squacking good and loud. Needless to say the bird and dog language are not similar in the least.
I haven't repeated "leave it" so many times in my time with Amox and then he trots over and looks at me with a big doggie smile plastered on his big face over having disturbed the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment