Wednesday, January 12, 2011

La Mona


When I was employed by a local SPCA during my college years, I adopted this awesomely beautiful Husky Shepherd who had just had her first litter and was about a year old. This was my first dog as an adult, and I moved mountains to have her. A friend of mine held her while I moved to an apartment that allowed me to have dogs further from school but totally worth it.

Mona became my princess, she was great company. She was the substitute momma for my first dogo pups. And would correct them by smacking them upside the head when they didn't listen, it was quite comical to watch. She would teach them where they were allowed to go or not. And she would be the beta female at the house. Mona suffered from seperation anxiety, and broke through any and every crate we ever bought for her, she did best without any limitations in small spaces. Mona's anxiety caused a few thousand dollars cumalitive worth of damage in all the places I've lived.
Mona currently lives with my parents having a quite and spoiled retirement which is well deserved. She's not feeling well, so we are taking her to the vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment