Monday, January 31, 2011

New Foster Dog - Toby, A Great Pyrnees



I guess I'm working my way through the breeds that make up the Dogo Argentino.
This is our newest addition as of Saturday evening, his name is Toby, which is English for "God is good." Which after what I've been through recently, I can't doubt.
He is about 6-8 months old, was a Craig's Listing posting for free, I picked him up in Fredericksburg. I just couldn't leave him. He is a sweetheart. Great temperament. Protective. I beginning to understand the meaning of the whole livestock guardian dog and what that entails.
Toby has a sweet temperament, we'll see how well he hits off with Amox. They just started butting heads.
I need to apply the rules I use on Amox to Toby, and I'm going to need to get another anchor for the house and move some stuff around. Toby is quite a big boy. He requires veterinary care, possibly even surgery because he has some back end issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment